Trap triggered | SEEDS SALE 2017 | FACEBOOK | Gallery | Video channel | Camera Gears | Email me
Update: Best view in 1920 x 1080 resolution

Monday 16 November 2015

Drosera Seed Scarification on the Tuberous

I bought plenty of Tuberous sundew seeds a few months back. I guess this is the right time to prepare the seeds and sow them since it's the time where tuberous sundew germinates and tuber awakes.

Some of the seeds require a summer condition before they germinates, I found the process of Scarification from a few links.

ICPS
Dieter's Webpage
GrowSundew.com

I first soak the seeds in GA3 (Gibberellic Acid-3) for 1 night before I prepare the burnt leaves process and soak the seeds in this solution using 60ÂșC and below water for 2-3 mins. Then, I sow the seeds in 2 part sand and 1 part peat.








UPDATES:
No seeds germinates, most likely due to the weather and conditions is not suitable here in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment