Trap triggered | SEEDS SALE 2017 | FACEBOOK | Gallery | Video channel | Camera Gears | Email me
Update: Best view in 1920 x 1080 resolution

Sunday 24 July 2016

Check your water trays!

I was checking my water tray one day and found tiny worms wriggling n the water. Thinking it was fungus gnat larvae, I'd ignored it, but something was off, the way it move was very familiar, it triggered the danger sense in me and with my curiosity, I took some samples for a closer look.

Here's what it is, a mosquito larvae.... many of them


Another stage, ready to emerge as a dangerous mosquito


I immediately pour away all the water from all the trays, let it dry for the day befrore toppping up with water again the next day . We should all do our to keep the environment safe. Mosquito can be quite deadly if they carry diseases.

What we can do :
1. check the water tray often, at least every 3 days for foreign creatures like mosquito larvae.
2. Let the water tray dry out between watering, it not only keep the pest away, it also let the plant root and media breath
3. Put mosquito and pest prevention tablets or solution but also make sure it is safe for carnivorous plants. (eg: "Mosquito dunk" is very popular among Carnivorous plants hobbyists, it is safe for cp)

Either way, enjoy your CP hobby and cheers! Here's a drum of Glenmorangie Duthac to enjoy while admiring my plants.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! I just found mosquito larvae in my trays. I dumped them out and let them dry for a dayish. So hard in this heat! I was wondering what they were but dumped it just in case

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know you managed to stop the breeding of those mosquitoes, the carry virus from one person to another. Keep it up :)

      Delete