Trap triggered | SEEDS SALE 2017 | FACEBOOK | Gallery | Video channel | Camera Gears | Email me
Update: Best view in 1920 x 1080 resolution

Friday 28 December 2012

Attempt seeds in in-proper Tissue Culture

I was reading about Tissue culture and thought about dropping some seeds in to agar-agar(that's how we call the jelly in Singpore). I didn't put much effort in sterilizing as I think seeds should be quite easy to germinate in these agar media.

Distill water 80ml
a pinch agar-agar powder
a drip of coloring
a pinch of sugar
a plastic food wrap on top with holds for passing of gasses

TC Batch - VFT anf Sundew seeds 21 Dec 2012


I continue to read about tissue culture and went to the very first post were Matt and a few others research very intensely in Tissue culture, it was really interesting on how they experiment with the methods, I was a little worried about germs and bacterial at that time.

One week later, I've observed some blackish stuff in the media, I could only suspect bacterial, I did not want it to kill my seedlings.


I quickly make plans to replate them, as I don't have any basic tissue culture equipments and tools, I resort to using what ever I have and sterilize as best as I could think of in an hours(thanks to plenty of reading over a couple of days before)

I use a baby bottle sterilizer and distill water to sterilze my used glass containe. Re-sterilize seeds using only 10% bleach, that is the only stuff I have at the moment. Distill water and sugar for mixture(No MS or BAP or PPM to be found in Singapore, I've tried google, etc), transfer stuff as fast as I could as I do not have any clean room or a good area to work with. My pincer was wiped with Alcohol swipes that was meant for wounds.
Its the best I could with everything I have.

TC VFT Batch and TC SD Batch - replated 28 Dec 2012
Keeping fingers cross

1 comment: