Trap triggered | SEEDS SALE 2017 | FACEBOOK | Gallery | Video channel | Camera Gears | Email me
Update: Best view in 1920 x 1080 resolution

Saturday 22 December 2012

"Fittest" first carnivorous leaf

Matt from the forum mentioned:
"The first two leaves that Dionaea make are non-carnivorous. They are the only non-carnivorous leaves the plant will make in its entire life cycle, barring any abnormalities. And it would appear that little guy in the photo hasn't made its first carnivorous leaf yet.
I wouldn't worry too much about the burning at the tip of the leaves. Wait for the first carnivorous leaf to come out, which appears to be forming now and see how it looks :)"
I think Matt is quite accurate, When  I went to take a close look today, he is right! the second set leaves are already forming! I'm very happy. Thanks for the heads-up Matt!  :D I'll be keeping watch on "Fittest"

Day 31, "Fittest" is growing 2nd set of leaves
Image

Here's a close up, I can't get any closer because my lens' too big to get inside the container
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment